Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ROB SWIFT INTERVIEW

DJ Rob Swift is a master of the turntables, regarded as one of the best to ever get behind the wheels of steel, he is highly respected for his beat juggling skills. Rob has toured all over the world rocking shows and spreading the art of hip hop. He recently released an album called "The Architect" which is a mixture of hip hop and classical music. To see the master in work catch him this Friday night in Canberra at Transit Bar in the city!



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
As a child, I dreamed of being a professional football player. I've always loved the sport. I played every chance I could get. But my focus shifted from football to the dedication of turntable mastery by the time I entered High School. To this day, I still keep up with the sport though. During football season, I've been known to schedule tour dates around key games, lol.

What are you doing now in your life?
I've been traveling the world, exposing the art of DJing to a new generation of music lovers and club goers. It's been a great experience. I think it's safe to say I've spent at least half of my time on the road since January. I've been on a promotional blitz to support my most recent album The Architect and from the looks of it, there's no slowing down as we approach the summer.



What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving the entertainment industry?
Never get comfortable. So many times, artist reach a certain level of success and begin to slack. They stop practicing hard enough or they fail to adapt to the way their art progresses. This goes for all types of entertainers. Not just DJing. This is why I work so hard to reinvent my style, my image and my music!

Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
I'm very into physical fitness so that's wear I get my fashion sense from.

Describe your style to us?
Two words describe my style perfectly, Sporty Look!

Describe your outfit when you go out?
I wear a lot of sweats, cargo pants and T shirts when I go out. I'm not the type that would wear a shirt with a bunch of logos or pants 2 sizes bigger than how it's supposed to fit. I also like my clothes to compliment my physique. As for what goes on my feet, you'll catch me wearing Nike Air Max 95s at all times!



What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
The LL Cool J tracksuit!!! Haha...

Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
Wow, I couldn't just name one. Bruce Lee, Malcolm X, Jimi
Hendrix, Miles Davis and Public Enemy's Chuck D would round out my top 5 inspirational people.

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
That's any easy one, my mentor Dr. Butcher.


ROB SWIFT

No comments: