Tuesday, April 14, 2009

DJ CLARK KENT

For all you hardcore sneaker or Jay-Z fans you will well and truly know who Clark Kent is. CK is one of the industry's hottest music producers and DJ superstars. Having worked with the likes of The Notorious B.I.G., Rakim, Slick Rick and The Fugees, he is credited for breaking Jay-Z into the music industry – now that is a Spader!

Clark Kent is also a shoe designer and collector - the man has a reputation for
owning one of the biggest and best Air Force one collections in the sneaker industry. With such a legendary reputation it was only right that the Spader team sat down and talked music + fashion before Clark Kent jumped into a shoe box and turned into the Sneaker Superman.



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
I'm from Brooklyn, we don't sleep, so we don't DREAM.. We JUST DO IT !! I started DJ'ing when I was 9 years old. At 10, I decided that was all I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I also played football from 7 to 17yrs. old. I believed I would play football for the Pittsburgh Steelers. (when I got water on both of my knees, that went out the window). The music kept me !!!


What are you doing now in your life?
I am a Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend, DJ, Music Producer, Artist Manager, Sneaker Aficionado, and Brand Consultant. (Whew!! I got a lot going on!!)


What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Stay TRUE to your passion. (DJ Larry Levan) STUDY MUSIC, UNDERSTAND MUSIC, BECOME MUSIC, & LOVE THE MUSIC (DJ Timmy Regisford).



Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
My fashion inspiration comes from the desire to be FRESH. (That dwells deep in my soul !!!)


Describe your style to us?
My style is "Addicted To FRESH"


Describe your outfit when you go out?
Perfectly coordinated, Extremely FRESH. And, I always start from the bottom and go up. THE Sneakers are the Genesis of every outfit!!



What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
Original North Beach Leather HOBO Jackets. (Perfect)


Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
GOD, Mildred O. Brown (My Grandmother), President Barack Hussein Obama, El Haj Malik Shabazz (Malcolm X), Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Min. Louis Farrakahn (That's just a start, I am inspired by great minds).


Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
GOD. With his SON running a VERY close second!!!
May everybody stay Blessed & Highly Favored!!!!
Thank you!!!!


Fore more on DJ Clark Kent check out this below interview.

No comments: