Monday, August 2, 2010

DJ SAMRAI



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
Not sure what i wanted to be when i was a kid, i knew from when i was about 13 that i wanted to be a dj. Later on i would go to u18 events and i would watch the djs. I never actually wanted to compete in competitions or even wanting National scratching titles. I just wanted to dj on the weekends in a nightclub.

What are you doing now in your life?
Still djing heavy, but producing a lot more in my spare time. Its not something im passionate about, but i have a knack for making music. I been helping a lot of the local artists like Motley, figkidd and Nate Wade push their music to the masses. I still enjoy doing shows though.



What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving the entertainment industry?
I have two good ones i think about a lot.

1. Sometimes you need to starve to eat - Dj Nino Brown

2. A real dj works 364 days a year - Dj Kid Capri

Where do you get your inspiration from?
It comes from within, either you got it, or you dont, and from the first time i touched a turntable i knew i wanted to change everything i had previously seen or heard. Give me any piece of music or equipment and ill give you something dope without any thought. Its all natural.



Describe your style to us?
Fast paced, highly skilled energetic madness.

Describe your clothing outfit when you go out?
I'm hip hop Fresh & Clean, I like my own style, and I aint into the conventional ie id rather my Nike Flights or Jordans then A1's like I always see. And Now I'm feeling so Spader Fresh.



What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
lol, them old skool brightly colored puma and Adidas tracksuits. With the fat gold chain, fat laces, bucket hats.

Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
Dj craze

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
Will Smith 100%..lol


DJ SAMRAI

No comments: