Monday, February 9, 2009

JORGE PENICHE

At just 21 years of age, Jorge Peniche has accomplished more than most have in a lifetime. This young entrepreneur from Los Angeles made his mark in the industry by photographing multi platinum artist The Game. Since then his lens has snapped up superstars such as Kanye West, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Will.i.am, and Keyshia Cole to name a few. With such an exciting future lying ahead, discover why Jorge Peniche is the true definition of a Spader.



What is your full name:
Jorge Peniche

What do your mates call you?
My homies call me "JP". When I first met Game he always struggled with pronouncing my last name correctly. After mispronouncing my name a million and one times he started calling me "JP". The nickname kind of stuck since then and now the majority of people know me as "JP". Even to this day Game still jokes around about the pronunciation of my last name, at that point the war of the words and punch lines begin. All in friendly spirit of course.

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the city of angels and constant danger, better know as Los Angeles to the rest of the world. Definitely a unique city that’s in it's own lane from the hood to Hollywood. I've seen the mighty fall, and the determined rise to stardom! No city compares to LA, hands down!

What did you want to be when you were a kid?
When I was kid I didn't really have a specific career path in mind. More then anything, the notion I carried was that I wanted to be the best at whatever God put me on this earth for. If he guided me down a path of working a standard nine to five job, I'd make sure I do everything to the best of my abilities. Thankfully his intentions for placing me on this earth we're different because my personality doesn't fare well with being told what to do and how to do it.



What do you aspire to be now?
I aspire to be the best at whatever it is I do from being a photographer, director, entrepreneur, or tastemaker. I definitely want to be a person who people respect and value on this earth. Aside from material success, I ultimately want to be a person who impacts the lives of people in a positive way.

What has been a highlight for you in the last year?
The highlight for me wasn't specifically one moment in particular, but more a culmination of events. I would definitely have to say it was my growth as a person, entrepreneur, and photographer. I've been very fortunate to work with many tastemakers whom I admire, and have learned a tremendous amount of "game" from them. Certainly this is not something I could ever place a price tag on. I'm very thankful for these people and experiences.

Describe your outfit for when you go out?
My outfit is really simple for today's fashion gurus. Most people today love to wear accessories and match from head to toe. My personal style is really classic and true to my style. I definitely need a fresh white tee, a freshly ironed pair of Monarchy jeans, a crispy pair of Alife sneakers, my LV belt, and my white G-shock. That’s my swag!




What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
I don't have a specific item in mind, but I would have to say some things are better left in the past. Whatever is meant to make its comeback in today's age, will do so in time.

What do you love about Spader?
I love Spader because it embodies the characteristics which make a person unique and "swaggerific". Spader is for those who are tastemakers, and are ahead of their time. That’s why I'm proud to be a SPADER!

Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
Their are too many people to only state one. My biggest inspirations are my family, my mentors, the people, and myself. With everything I do I carry the notion that no other person is going to do more for myself, than I can. Therefore I choose to state myself as a source of motivation, no narcissism at all!

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
The ultimate Spader for me is anyone who stays true to themselves and doesn't "FAKE THE FUNK!” There is nothing better in this world to have to peace of mind that you are being true to who you are and what you believe in. THAT MY FRIENDS IS THE ULTIMATE SPADER!

JP's Favorite pics at the moment:




www.jorgepeniche.com

No comments: