Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TIMOTHY SHELDON - A TRUE SPADER



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
I wanted to be an astronaut! I still want to go to space. If there were some suicide mission to save the earth or some stranded astronauts, I would totally go.


What are you doing now in your life?
I live in New York City. I have a hospitality consulting company and I work with my partner's design firm. We also manage and book DJs and I manage a Billboard Top 100 recording artist. I run a nightclub on the weekends.


You used to be an assistant for Sean "Diddy" Combs for 2 years, how was this experience?

I worked for Puff for 2 years. I remember being so busy that I didn't sleep for 2-3 days at a time. We were traveling so much, some days we would be in 3 countries in one day.


What are the 3 most important things that you learned from Diddy?
We worked on so many projects... we cut an album, went on a worldwide tour, shot a movie, launched a fragrance, the list goes on. I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of. I learned a lot from Puff... marketing, brand management, and how to throw a party!


What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?

Be humble. There is always someone that is more successful than you and also someone less successful but more hungry. Its important to remain humble and be good to everyone.





Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
International style and trends and I love traditional menswear.


Describe your style to us?
Think "Gentleman".


Describe your outfit when you go out?

It totally depends on where I am going. But I tend to over-dress when I go out.


What item if clothing would you like to see brought back?

Traditional formal wear for men when going to the theatre, dinner, parties, etc. It makes me sick to my stomach to see people wearing jeans and sweatshirts when they go to a Broadway show. And weddings! People don't dress up anymore. It sucks.


Who is the ultimate Spader to you?

Tom Ford. And my homie Matthew Giese in Dallas is a true Spader as well.





No comments: