Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MAYA JUPITER

Maya Jupiter is one hard working Spader. She hosted & produced the National hip hop radio show in Australia for 4 years "Triple J's Hip Hop Show", is an MC for the hip hop group Foreign Heights (nominated for an Aria award in 2007), is a VJ on Australia's favourite music channel (Channel V) and is currently recording her second album in LA where we locked her down to ask a few questions.


Photographer: Ian Jennings
Photos courtesy of Channel [V]


What did you dream of being when you were a kid?

I wanted to be a dancer when I was a kid, maybe it was the Michael Jackson videos but I thought I would be a choreographer. Then I went through a stage where I wanted to be a school teacher, my Year Advisor snapped me out of that one!


What are you doing now in your life?

Right now I’m recording my second solo album in Los Angeles and loving the whole process again. I am exploring my vocal abilities and feel like i’m growing as an artist.


What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Stay true to who you are, always be yourself and love what you do.
Also don’t believe the hype! Meaning, don’t get too hyped up when people love you and don’t let it get to you when they don’t.


Photographer: Ian Jennings
Photos courtesy of Channel [V]


Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
Hip Hop inspires me and my best friend Weave at Cyber Thief who is an incredible designer.


Describe your style to us?

My style is Latina Hip Hop.. I love wearing locally made singlets with jeans and sneakers.
Anything I can move around in when im on stage or dancing in a club.


Describe your outfit when you go out?

I’m getting more feminine these days, I love to put on a dress with heels when I can.


What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
I think its more what not to bring back.. Stone washed jeans..yuck!



Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
My mother definitely, she still inspires me to live my dreams.


Who is the ultimate Spader to you?

By your definition I have to say Yumi Stynes. An incredible woman who I have always admired and loved working with.


MAYA JUPITER WEBSITE

No comments: