Wednesday, July 29, 2009

MICHAELA SHILOH

Michaela Shiloh is a 17 year old Artist & Songwriter from the Bay Area in California who recently signed to Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins label. The Spader team was fortunate to meet with Michaela while we were in LA as she told us about being in the studio and writing music for 2 of the biggest artists in the music industry! We would love to name drop but it's all under wraps right now. Keep an eye out for this young lady as she has a huge future ahead of her.



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
I dreamt of being a lot of things. After seeing the movie "Titanic", I dreamt of being the person to resurrect the ship from the bottom of the ocean. I dreamt of being an astronaut. I dreamt of being an actress. Most of all I dreamt of being famous for something. When I started writing raps at 8, I dreamt of being a famous rapper, selling out huge arenas.

What are you doing now in your life?
I was recently signed as an artist and songwriter to Grammy-Award Winning record producer, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins
. I'm living in Los Angeles for the summer, writing smashes with his team. Also, I'll be graduating high school next June. Class of 2010!

What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Females in this industry are sometimes pressured to do certain things for men in power, just so they can get in that video or get closer to that record deal...and you know what I'm talking about! With that in mind, I've always been told to remain true to myself. It's cliche, but true.
I won't jeopardize my reputation or style for anyone or any reason...if I feel I have to, then I'll know it's time to reprioritize.



Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
I honestly wish I knew. When I walk in a store, I just grab whatever I think will look decent on me!

Describe your style to us?
My style has changed a bunch throughout my life, but no matter what, I've always had a tomboy edge--can't deny it. I love Kitson shoes and funny shirts from around the world (Japan is a favorite). I unintentionally dress in dark colors, but you'll occasionally catch me in something bright.

Describe your outfit when you go out?
An Ed Hardy or Juicy hoodie, skinny True Religions (or a skirt and leggings), and flip flops.

What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
I probably haven't been alive long enough to say I'd like to see something brought back...but I do remember for a while in the late 90s, almost every middle-aged American man wore a Hawaiian shirt. At barbeques, brunches/dinners, watching the game on Sundays, there were those shirts! I would like to see them brought back, but only for a good laugh.




Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
Fashion wise, I already said I have no clue! Musically, Eminem. When I was in my rapping phase, I'd mimick his flow and make parodies of his songs. The intelligence behind his wordplay will continue to inspire and baffle me.

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
Is it totally vain for me to say myself!? I hate to, but I really think I could be the ultimate Spader I know. I'm far from perfect. But, according to your Spader definition, I believe I fall under most categories!

A Spader is someone who sets trends, not follows them.
YEAH! I've always been one to think outside of the box, which has sometimes made me insecure about my ideas. But as I get older I'm gaining more confidence in my weird ideas and have begun to execute them, especially in my music.

Someone who has the admiration of their peers without seeking it.
I don't know how many people admire me, but I certainly don't seek admiration!

They're passionate driven individuals who exude confidence and positive influence, determined to help those around them better themselves.
I'm one of the most driven people I know, and I always strive to help those around me.

A Spader is inspiring. A Spader opens doors.
I don't believe I've made it to a level of being a true inspiration to others, but it is a goal of mine that I'm determined to reach. When I am in a position to open doors for somebody, I do so and will do so in the future.


MICHAELA SHILOH



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your great uncle Roman Ray got your back !