TOP 5 MOMENTS FOR 2009
1. Popping a bottle of Champagne in front of the house I grew up in in Potrero Hill, my band mates by my side, right after signing our recording contract with RCA. Thus began another chapter in this whirlwind lifestyle of ours.
2. Moving to New York, settling into my Brooklyn Apartment and kicking it late night with Mohammed at the corner store talking hip hop. Seeing my neighborhood progress through the seasons, the springtime awaking and arousing the hibernating neighborhood in every way. The summer malaise that leaves you on your rooftop gazing at the bright sunset, corona and tree in hand. Brooklyn was everything to me this year, I will miss you much.
3. Playing V-Fest in Montreal with the Black Eyed Peas....(the golf cart ride from the trailer to the stage was pretty much the best moment of my life. ha.) The "cracking rue" that we partied on, the bikes that you can rent and ride all over the city, and the beautiful women made it one of the best 2AM experiences ever. We must go back, I love you Canada.
4. Playing a sold out show in Brooklyn and as we got to the break down of "worry about you" hearing everyone sing along at the top of their lungs. We made NY our home this year, just like LA before...the many places that will come next.
5. Walking from Brooklyn to Manhattan, observing the epicenter of American culture from the most intimate distance. Crossing the Williamsburg Bridge and seeing the sun reflect off all the sky scrapers. It all sounds corny i guess, but it's true...there is nothing better then walking through NYC.
see you on the otherside of the decade.