Sunday, December 27, 2009

RUSH TOP 5 FOR 2009

Rush is one of the three co founders/directors of Spader Clothing and we thought it was about time you got to know the guys behind the brand a little more. Here are Rush's top 5 moments for 09.



1.
12 month anniversary for Spader:

My number one moment for the year is celebrating how far we have come in the first 12 months since selling Spader to the public. We have achieved so much in this short amount of time from: selling out in Globalize 5 times in 8 weeks, photo shoots and videos in LA, Brazil and New York, having DJ’s, actors, athletes, models & dancers wear the gear on T.V, at gigs, in photo shoots, people ordering Spader from Germany, Italy, UK, Canada, Brazil, USA, NZ and most importantly hearing all the crazy feedback that customers get from wearing the gear in all parts of the world. I really want to thank everyone who has supported us since day one, this couldn’t have happened without you guys! 2010 is going to be a big year!



2. Viva Brazil:
I ventured over to South America for the first time and had the pleasure of staying in Rio for two weeks. This was hands down the best time of my life! I have many stories to tell but one of the highlights was going to a Flamengo soccer game with 90,000+ people. You can’t describe the vibe and emotion amongst the locals, I left the stadium feeling very Brazilian that day ☺.



3. Venice Beach & Santa Monica photo shoot:
A lot of work goes into organising a photo shoot especially when you’re in another country doing it by yourself. You have to call on a lot of favours and hope that things work out the way you envisioned, however this is not always the case! At one stage it didn’t look like the shoot would happen when 3 female models pulled out at the last minute leaving me with no back up plan. We then got stuck in peak hour LA traffic on the way to Venice Beach missing prime time light. Nonetheless it turned out for the best as we walked up and down the beach finding some great locations and I’ve got to give a shout out to Young Murph & Cordele Taylor for there time and patience, these two guys did an amazing job. Photographer, Jorge Peniche captured some brilliant images for Spaders first international photo shoot, great feeling!



4. Michael Jackson memorial:
At age 10 you could catch me in the kitchen practicing my moon walk to "Billy Jean" or "Dirty Diana". As a DJ I still get excited every time I play an MJ song because it gets EVERYONE dancing and brings so much joy to people. When I found out I was going to be in LA during his memorial service there was no way I could miss it. I didn't get a ticket into the official service at the Staple Centre but was still amongst the action a few streets back with camera crews, photographers, reporters, MJ impersonators, fans and the usual LA freaks. It was a very sad day but a truly amazing experience!



# View all the photos from the MJ memorial service in downtown LA

5. Welcome back Maxwell:
I've been a big fan of Maxwell ever since I stumbled over the track “Women’s Work”. There had been talk of him dropping a new album for quite some time and when it finally happened this year I was over the moon. “Pretty Wings” is without a doubt one of my favorite tracks from 2009.



SPADER

No comments: