Tuesday, December 29, 2009

OMAR MUSA TOP 5 FOR 2009

QBN boy Omar Musa has had a very successful 2009 and the Spader team can't wait to see what he gets up to in 2010. Look out for the baritone rappers debut album dropping in the coming months.



1. The Massive EP launch. I have gone through a lot of joy, pain, light and shade to get to the point where I could release my first CD. And a lot of hard work. I’m proud of myself. Love to Kodak, DJ Rush, Roshambo and all the people that rocked out. It was, err…. massive.

2. Tour of Indonesia. Performed poetry and rapped in four cities all over the archipelago and was amazed at the reception I got everywhere, despite the language barrier. Warmest people ever. Hearing the writer of Slumdog Millionaire describe me as a “creative genius” while on tour was also pretty damn good.



3. Releasing my first book of poetry The Clocks. Seven years of work and hard living went into that. Selling out in two weeks and the great critical response was almost as good as the satisfaction of simply seeing my words right there on the page in a beautifully designed book. Shout out to mum and Cole Bennetts for doing the lion’s share of the work on it.

4. Working with Geoff Stanfield again in Seattle. We are a tour de force of a combo. Look out for the full length album coming next year.



5. Travelling with my brothers Bruce and Rex to Vietnam, even if it was only for two weeks. Partying, eating, motorbiking and sailing with your bros through one of the most gorgeous, interesting and vibrant countries on earth is pretty hard to beat.

So many more highlights, but I’ll save those for the autobiography. See you in The Tens. Keep supporting the arts and independent music!

Much love,
Omar Musa

OMAR MUSA

No comments: