Friday, June 11, 2010
Join Big Bangs for an evening of canapes, bubbles, music, laughter and a raffle, all to support the work of the Big Bangs!
Tickets are $50, with all proceeds directly funding our work in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, India, Papua New Guinea and the Philippines.
Here’s what $50 does across the world:
• Creates 100 “emergency packs” for street and slum kids in Bangladesh, containing enough rice, oil, soap, water and milk for a week.
• Purchases enough basketballs, t-shirts and supplies to run a day-camp for 1,000 kids in the Philippines.
• Buys 50 pairs of shoes for kids at an orphanage in Bangladesh, allowing them to walk to and from school without cutting the delicate parts of their feet on glass or stones along the way, eliminating infections and the need for expensive, most often ignored, medical care.
• Buys enough cement to build an outdoor court in Papua New Guinea, for kids who would otherwise never be able to access a court.
• Covers the cost of 2 boxes full of school books and supplies for a school in the remote regions of Nepal.
• Pays for a year’s education for 2 children in Pakistan, complete with school books and uniforms.
• Buys 20 basketballs for our girls program in Afghanistan, allowing young women the opportunity to participate in sport for the 1st time in their lives.
Head to http://www.outincanberra.com.au/products/12512/bigbangs2010fundraiserevent to buy your tickets today!
Big Bangs - using the game of basketball to fight youth poverty and social disadvantage worldwide!