Tuesday, September 22, 2009

AMANDA DIVA INTERVIEW



Amanda Diva is an outgoing and vibrant young lady falling under the Spader umbrella as a trendsetter + positive role model which is why we have become big fans of her. Hailing from New York, Amanda made a name for herself through the spoken word scene being chosen to appear on Russell Simmon’s Def Poetry Jam (’02 & ’05). She is now doing it all: she's a T.V host, singer/rapper, painter and all round Spader. The future is definetly bright for Amanda (as you can see in her video below) and we can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
The first black female president of the U.S. (My 3RD grade teacher put on my report card that I was over ambitious and needed to have more realistic goals.)

What are you doing now in your life?
Yikes. A lot! Painting, music, and working as a tv/web personality. I produce a humor based news show called DivaSpeakTV.



What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Stick to your guns.

Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
Man, I just like to have fun. So I just love wearing bright colors. I'm also An 80's baby who came of age in the 90's. So I'm very nostalgic about fashion trends of that era.

Describe your style to us?
Funky, vibrant, b-girl chic



Describe your outfit when you go out?
Lol, people have said I have a uniform. Kicks (usually Chucks or Nikes), spandex pants or bright colored jeans, and a v-neck or tank. Comfortable, fly, and funky

What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
Overalls with one strap down!



Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
My mom

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
Jay-Z. There was a point, at the height of his musical fame when I swear if he told cats to wear a tu tu they would've!


We really enjoyed this video from Amanda Diva, check it out!




AMANDA DIVA

No comments: