Friday, September 25, 2009

YOUNG MURPH UPDATE



WHEN SUCCESS IS ON THE BRAIN, SLEEPING SEEMS TO GET LOST IN THE SHUFFLE......

The time is 5:29 am...... I've been awake since about 2:30 am......

A failed attempt to go to sleep early and get rest for the studio in the morning is motivation to finally write this blog and check in with all the Spaders out there. The life of Young Murph has been slightly different over the last few months. I just got done shooting my 1st official video ever for my lead single "Nightime" with director Justin Tipping of Red Apple Productions a couple of weeks ago and I'm currently working on my 1st official album "Nightime Sunshine" with my producing partner in crime Nic Nac, to be released around December 2009!!



It's probably pretty obvious that this is one of the most exciting times of my life, and as I sadly approach the 1 year anniversary of my father's unexpected passing, I can't help but to feel positive about where my life is heading at the moment. If there is one thing that I learned from my father leaving this earth is that our time here is limited and if one has a desire to leave something incredible behind, he/she has to put the work in. This might mean changing management several times, trying out different producers/writting teams, doing shows that might not have as many people in the crowd as one wishes, not really doing any shows at all, having more than a handful of industry ups, downs, and disappointments before finally putting all of your money into a project that will literally "make or break you".....

This is the reality of the situation, and a harsh/scary one at that.



Why am I still smiling? I'm pretty sure it's because I feel like I know something that no one else does haha. The video is going to be breath taking and I've been making some of the most incredible music of my whole career!! It's been hard laying low and playing the sidelines for so long, but I'm super excited for what is about to come. I couldn't ask for a better position to be in and I'm greatly appreciative of all the love that my family, friends, fans, and especially the Spader team have been showing me and without the support of all of the believers I wouldn't have the mental or emotional strength to do this.



My on going promise to continue to intrigue, inspire, invigorate, and keep people in love with dreams. Hope to one day see or hear from you all..... every single Spader out there!



(for more behind the scenes pics from the Young Murph "Nightime" video shoot go to http://dimalantablog.blogspot.com/2009/09/young-murf-nite-time.html)

YOUNG MURPH

No comments: