Tuesday, September 1, 2009

THE CATARACS INTERVIEW



We came across The Cataracs in LA while hanging out with Young Murph who played us some of there music, since then it's been continuously on the Spader I-Pod. This duo from the Bay Area - Cyrano & Campa who make up The Cataracs bring an artistic & refreshing approach to autotune. Get onto the guys myspace and check the tracks "Club Love", "This Is All I Do", "Julia" & "Baby Baby", the link is at the bottom of the interview!

What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
Cyrano: James Bond (Sean Connery)
Campa: Ace Ventura & Blade (Wesley Snipes)

What are you doing now in your life?
Cyrano: Making crack, if you got a good deal on baking soda let me know.
Campa: Just tryna live my life like TI & Rihanna.



What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Cyrano & Campa: The 3 P's baby. Passion. Persistence. Perseverance.

Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
Campa: Amy Winehouse

Describe your style to us?
Cyrano: My style is natural, but non casual.
Campa: Stupid.



Describe your outfit when you go out?
Cyrano: I usually wear a sweater . . . with a hood on it.
Campa: A purple Spader Hoodie . . . medium sized so it fits snuggle.

What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
Cyrano: Let's bring back LA Gears . . . Like actually start producing those bitches again.
Campa: Nothing ever went out of style for me, I rock errythang.

Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
Cyrano: Anyone whose ever doubted me.
Campa: My Godfather Ami. I love you dude!

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
Cyrano: Lil B from The Pack.
Campa: Lil B.

THE CATARACS MYSPACE

No comments: