Monday, September 28, 2009

MARIA NICHOLAS INTERVIEW

Maria Nicholas was recently announced as the new t.v host for the US show "Desert Dining and Nightlife". It was only right that we took some time out with Maria to talk fashion, Spading and surviving the industry.



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
A professional tennis player (although I never played), a veterinarian, and teacher--I was an ambitious child.

What are you doing now in your life?
Living each day! Putting my creative energy into many different avenues--I'm a tv host in LA/Palm Springs, and while I work for other people, it's important to always create your own opportunities--so I've got a few of my own projects in the works...so stay tuned. I also sing. Oh yes and I bartend....I make a mean martini.....

What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Wow so much! Be ready when the summons comes. Stay true to thyself, play the game, don't take anything personally, and never take yourself too seriously. The various one-liners I've mastered when "dealing with hecklers". And of course the two P's: Patience and Persistence.



Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
Geez--lots of places--from Europeans (I've always dug their style), magazines, random girls on the street, boutique windows on Melrose Ave, my closet--I never get rid of anything so it's fun to be creative and mix random old things with random new things.

Describe your style to us?
Classy, sexy, chic with a sprinkle of Bohemian.

Describe your outfit when you go out?
See above.



What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
Hhmmm....the loin cloth? I know what I wouldn't want to see brought back....those high-wasted jeans and hammer pants that all of those celebs were recently wearing.

Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
My three mentors here in LA--wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. We all need a good teacher. I'm blessed with three. And Diane Lane.

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
Erykah Badu--she's badass.

No comments: