Monday, May 18, 2009

JASMINE SOLANO

Meet Jasmine Solano, a Philly Motown girl turned HIP HOPSTER SOUL GAL. Representing on the airwaves and turntables since she was 17, nowadays you’ll find Jasmine Solano DJing in NYC, Brooklyn, DC, Boston, LA and Miami. You'll also find her touring as an emcee with Ninjasonik promoting her own music. With this amount of talent and beauty, the Spader team just had to ask her a few Q's.



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
A dancer. And possibly a superhero :)

What are you doing now in your life?
Everything I love (thankfully)! DJing, Performing, Touring, Writing music and living in Brooklyn.

What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?

Trust your gut and don't rush.



Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
Wow, from a lot. My style is very eclectic and stems from my experiences around the world & from my love for many musical genres. I tend to be attracted to things that are natural and raw - which could be anything from the people on NYC's streets to the Hawaiian Island locals.

Describe your style to us?
I would say my style could be labeled "hippie-hip.hopster". If there is such a label, lol.

Describe your outfit when you go out?
My outfits definitely change depending on the day, the events, the mood. But a typical outfit would be: A vintage soft T.shirt, skin tight acid wash jeans, vintage silver ankle boots, huge silver hoop earrings, feather around my neck.



What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
I feel like everything I grew up on IS coming back! Even the scrunchie! Ouch. I'd like to see vintage bell bottom jeans make a come back. Like I said = Hippie at heart ;)

Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
My father. His qualities as a human are extraordinary. He's like a monk that you would want to hang out with everyday :)

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?
Lauryn Hill. And probably Jah Jah from Ninjasonik


JASMINE SOLANO

No comments: