Sunday, May 31, 2009

TOBY CAUGHRON

Toby Caughron was born and raised in Southern California. Growing up in the Los Angeles area, he was exposed to diverse cultures at a young age. He developed an interest in drawing and videography early on, but it wasn’t until the age of 18 that he discovered his passion for photography. During a semester abroad in Salamanca, Spain, he took the opportunity to photograph some of the most well known landmarks in Europe. Now based in Los Angeles, Toby works as a freelance commercial and editorial photographer.



What did you dream of being when you were a kid?
An astronaut…I wanted to go to the moon!

What are you doing now in your life?
I currently have a book/gallery show project in the works from a charity trip to Ghana, Africa with UCEFA.org. The book is expected to release in early summer and all proceeds will be donated to help bring clean drinking water to the rural villages of Ghana. On the commercial side, I have some upcoming magazine collaborations, look book shoots, and looking forward to some travel adventures this summer. I am also making my way into film/directing so be on the look out.



What has been the best advice given to you to about surviving in the entertainment industry?
Success isn't a destination; it's a journey. Patience is virtue.

Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
My fashion inspiration is a merge of different Southern California styles. I wear a lot of black but every now and then I'll mix it up with some bright/off the wall color scheme.

Describe your style to us?
Clean and simple.



Describe your outfit when you go out?
A typical outfit when I go out usually consists of a fresh tee or button-up, a clean pair of denim, and some Creative Recreation kicks. I’m not really big on jewelry but a nice Nixon 51-30 timepiece, metal frame sunglasses and some dog tags is usually the finishing touch.

What item of clothing would you like to see brought back?
Not necessarily an item of clothing…but rather a style. Nowadays it seems like casual is the way to go. What happened to the days when getting fresh meant putting on a clean suit and tie?



Who is a person that has been an inspiration to you?
As far as photography is concerned, you can check out my top 10 favorite (living) photographers at: www.tobycphoto.blogspot.com My parents, family and close friends have been the biggest inspiration to me. They believed in me when I was just a guy with a camera and a dream. I also want to thank Mr. Darrell Carr from Citrus College for helping me realize my ability and pushing me to follow photography as a career.

Who is the ultimate Spader to you?

Barrack Obama. He has an undeniable swag and you can't help but admire the man for what he has achieved.


TOBY CAUGHRON

No comments: